Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Maria

Maria update……


My lovely basil plant, Maria has sub come to my black thumb. Unfortunately, this is not the first time plants have not faired well in my care. This is my third try at herbs!! I feel like that little kid we all knew growing up whose pets always died. After saying that, I will admit I am NOT giving up!!!!

So, I am in the market for a new basil plant. I figure if I keep trying, maybe one day I will be able to have a full herb garden that or a maid to care for an herb garden. (just kidding…kind of!!!) I would love to have a fresh garden with thyme, basil, dill, chives, rosemary, and lavender. This would enhance all my cooking and plating. Presentation can be improved by simply adding a sprig of herbs on a plate.

Right now I am still impressed that Maria 1 lasted over 3 months of my care/torture. However, it is winter time, even in Atlanta we do get freezing temperatures, so I am a little concerned. But I guess time will tell. First, I need to find a basil plant. I had no lucky at trader joes or my local grocery store.

Please keep your fingers crossed for the future Maria 2, she needs all the help she can get!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment