Saturday, September 8, 2012

Protein Peanut Butter Balls...I am going for wife of the year

What happens when you don't like the taste of your protein shake or you are sick of drinking protein shakes?  Well, my husband (jeez I am married) disliked the taste of his protein powder and OF COURSE he got the 2 lb container.  There is a ton of protein powder to go through and he can only gulp down so many shakes. So, in my attempt to go for wife of the year, I researched what you can incorporate protein powder in.  I already tried adding it to brownies and making a banana protein bar but I wanted something different.
Then I found it 
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=57057
The holy grail of recipes simple, does not even involve baking and I had everything in my pantry.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww (my attempt at the noise of angels singing in happiness)
This recipe is so simple.  All you need is

    1 cup chocolate protein powder
    1 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup honey
    1/2 cup oat bran
    Then mix everything together.  This is a little tough because you are working with peanut butter.  Then roll into balls. coat in protein powder which adds extra protein and makes the balls less sticky. 
    And Ta-Da
    Peanut butter yumminess at 4 grams per ball or at least with my protein powder and peanut butter!  The hubby is in love with these and I actually like them too!!  It is the perfect energizing burst in the afternoon or a great way for me to get protein after a workout.  Plus they don't taste good for you!




PS- these babies freeze great!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! This sounds great. I have two children (out of 6) who basically live off of peanut butter and honey. I worry about their lack of protein. I wonder, do you think this is safe for children to eat? (Ages 3 and 9 years.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Super Mom--
    Thanks for commenting!! I know many people who use these balls as an afternoon snack for their kids. I would ask your doctor about using protein powder with your 3 year old. Also, I would make sure to use a protein powder geared towards kids. Something like http://www.iherb.com/Pure-Kidz-Protein-Power-Vanilla-1-1-lb-500-g/17755#p=1&oos=0&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=kidz%20protein%20powder&rc=2327&sr=null&ic=1

    ReplyDelete