And I think I found my solution and a way to offer the Hubby a new flavor of protein balls
JAMNow this doesn't work with Jelly. And I have a strong preference to Jams with bits of fruit in them.
REASONS TO USE JAM
- It is WAY easier to mix then the Honey
- It changes the Protein Balls flavor from Peanut Butter to PB and J
- The chunks of fruit add texture to the balls!!
- Jam adds vitamins and fiber.
Another things I changed was the Oat Bran-
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 Tbsps of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsps of Protein Powder-a little extra may be used to roll the balls
- 2 Tbsps of Oats/Oat Bran-I like to use whole oats to give these balls more texture..BUT it doesn't matter
- 2 Tbsps of Jam- I prefer Strawberry
- Mix all the ingredient together in a bowl
- Coat hands with protein powder- This will help decrease stickiness
- Divide dough into 8 sections
- Take the first section and roll it into a ball
- OPTIONAL- coat with protein powder or chia seeds
- Repeat untill you have 8 balls
- When finished, refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.