Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Protein Peanut Butter Gluten Free Squares that DONT't suck


As I have mentioned probably too often, my hubby is a bit of a weights guy.  He likes to lift.  Then eat tons and tons and tons of protein.
Me??
My body taps out at one store bought protein bar....two and my tummy shows it's unhappiness.So-  I like to incorporate other high protein things into my diet. (PS-I am looking to be toned not ripped like the Hubby) This is why I like the protein cookie dough yogurt thing.

Anyways, I spend time researching new ideas and tricks.  And I came across a gluten free brownie recipe on   Run Eat Repeat's blog.
There was just one problem....I totally did not taste like a brownie when I made it....NOT even close.  It tasted like an awesome peanut butter square.  Not to sweet...more like a sweet bread.  This is perfect for lovers of banana bread and zucchini bread.  People who like not to sweet things!!And the Hubby  LOVED IT!!!!  I am so scoring lots of wifey points for making these!!!

Now before you ask...the protein powder I used was from America.  So this is not a Korean protein powder issue.  I tried another type of protein powder (this one from Korea) with no luck.  So I decided to stop making brownies and make Peanut Butter Squares.

RECIPEWhat you need:3/4 cup chocolate protein powder1/3 cup of white sugar or splenda or whatever1/3 cup of brown sugar or natural sugar1/2 cup creamy peanut butter1/2 tsp baking soda1/2 tsp salt2 eggs1/2- 3/4 cup almond milk 1/2 tsp vanilla

What to Do:
  1.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix Peanut Butter with Sugars.--if it is winter, you may want to microwave the peanut butter for 15 seconds to make it easier to work with
  3. Add eggs, vanilla and almond milk.-- Now if your batter seems thicken then a cake batter add in more almond milk.  If not continue
  4. Mix protein powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Combine.
  5. Grease the baking pan you intend to use
  6. Baking for 30 or until it sets.
  7. Let rest/ hide from hungry hands
  8. Then cut into squares and put in plastic bags or contains.
This makes a great on the go breakfast or after gym snack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment