Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Just get the Country Fried Steak and avoid your scale!!!- Country Kitchen

Often on Saturday mornings, I get woken up with a text, "Breakfast?" from my father-in law.  This only mean one thing. I am getting my butt up and heading to Country Kitchen (sorry they don't have a website at this time). Don't get me wrong I whine and make the hubby drive so I can get a few more minutes of sleep.  But I am so there!!!

Well, this past Saturday morning, I had my brother and best friend visiting.  So naturally where did we go for breakfast.....Country Kitchen.
photo 2.JPG
I forced my best friend to order the steak lovers which is pictured left.  This is country fried steak, 2 eggs, your choice of bread and grits.  The order of country fried steak comes with 2 steaks. I told him get it and we can split it.  So I just ordered 2 eggs, turkey bacon and sausage.
Yes- I typed it turkey bacon!!!! And they know to cook it correctly.

My brother was jealous.  He did not order it, because most places don't cook turkey bacon right (ie they barely cook it when turkey bacon is like bacon is best when cooked til crispy.)

My BFF looked at my skeptically when he saw the country fried steak.  I reminded him we where sharing and he had a bunch of other food. He took a bite.  And let me tell you....He lite up!!!
He smiled and moved the plate of country fried steak closer to him and away from me.  It took quite a bit of finageling to get him to share.

For those of you non-southerns like me, country fried steak is thinly sliced steak battered and fried, think fried chicken, then topped with a thick white sausage based gravy.  It sounds fattening AND is.  Seriously, I think I am gaining weight just typing it, but it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!!!

photo 3.JPGAs you can see, the I had to force the Hubby to stop eatting to get this picture.  He almost ate the camera out of rage.  He loves the country fried steak a little too much!

The restaurant offers a wide selection of breakfast options from pancakes, french toast, waffles, oatmeal and omelets.
There biscuit are homemade and worth ordering!  Plus they offer cinnamon toast as a bread option which is a nice treat!

Additionally, they offer the typical dinner lunch food.  My hubby likes their BLT!!!

WARNING- You do not stop here for a quick breakfast.  Seriously I have never been out of here in less than an hour.  So-don't think you are stopping in for a fast bit.

Country Kitchen on UrbanspoonBASICALLY- this place is the perfect low key breakfast place when you want to sit back and enjoy your company!!!  The country fried steak is AMAZING
Plus they offer turkey bacon that is cooked properly!!!  No one does that!!!  And best of all the prices are good!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment