Monday, October 8, 2012

Dagoba Lavender and Blueberry Chocolate- better if Yoda was involved

20121007_141448.jpgNot to brag but I have an awesome....husband...still weird. He is always buying me unique and interesting presents no red roses and boxed chocolate s(unless they are Godiva) for me.  Please see past blogs such as Heirloom Tomatoes
for past evidence.   I received a Dagoba Lavender and Blueberry Chocolate bar as part of my anniversary present from the husband.  I will blog more about the other food presents soon.

First, the name  Dagoba.  For those not as dorky as me, that spelled with an "h" is the name of the planet Yoda lived on.  As a totally lover of all things sci-fi, this was the coolest chocolate brand name EVER.  I mean who doesn't love Yoda?
So, did the bar live up to the awesomeness of it's name?
20121007_141741.jpgNO...well....maybe.....ummmm
The percent of cacao used was perfect.  The bar was bitter but not too bitter as you get with 90% cacao. As well as rich but not too rich as you get with less then 40% cacao. The husband and I have differing opinions on this one.   The dark chocolate (my favorite), lavender and blueberry combo did not work.  It tasted soapy to me and not good soap but BAD like blueberry soap after eating chocolate.  I think the lavender addition missed the mark.  If Dagoba had more restraint and left the bar just Blueberry Chocolate, I think the force would have been with it.  However, the soothe aromatic flower did not work.  In opposition, the Husband like the soapy taste (weirdo).  He thought the dark chocolate, lavender and blueberry combo was too much as well. HOWEVER, he thought the issue was the blueberries. He thought was the blueberries made the bar too sweet overwhelming the lavender and making it soapy.

BASICALLY-too many ingredients in this organic bar.  Please remove one of the flavors to perfect the flavor!!

Oh and Thank you, Honey.  I loved trying this unique flavor combo even if it was not my favorite.














No comments:

Post a Comment