Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year Weight Loss with the negative Calorie Foods

If you haven't met me or facebook stalked me, then you don't know I am average weight.  Maybe upper average if i am being honest.  But pretty normal. I exercise and eat.  Did I mention I eat.  I like food!!!!! Like love food. Hence the food blog.  But after my 2 week honeymoon, thanksgiving, Hanukkah  Xmas and NYE, I need a little healthy eating to balance things out!

So, the next few weeks, I will be posting recipes using negative calorie foods.
What is a negative calorie food, you may ask or at least someone out there will?
A food that burns more calories to digest then eat.( click here for a more elaborate explaination)
Wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo

  1. Celery- The ultimate well known negative food
  2. Broccoli
  3. Lemon
  4. Garlic
  5. Cabbage
  6. apples
  7. mango
  8. watermelon
  9. asparagus
  10. lettuce
  11. pickles
  12. cucumber

Sounds, perfect right? Not quite.  There are two flaws with this.
First, these foods are not always filling so you cant ONLY eat negative calorie foods.  Well you could but you would be hungry.  (Click here for the Mayo clinic's article on it)
Second, who wants to eat these foods all the time on their own.  I mean eating an apple is nice.  Five raw apples, not so much.

Hence, I will be coming out with fun healthily recipes incorporating these negative calorie foods.
Now I am not Jenny Craig, so i am not promising you will loose 20 lbs.  But replacing some chips, cookies , candy and other HIGH sugary calorie snacks with these might just help you drop a little of the fluff you gained this holiday season.
Good Luck y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment